Monday 12 October 2009

THAT is ugly.


Well, my direction has changed a lot over the weekend.
I meandered down the route of nature, metamorphosis, growth etc. but eventually I got so lost in all the absolute bullshit I found myself trying to rationalise that I had to about turn.
SO, I started to think about what I literally found to be an ugly thing. And I ended up at smoking. (Not to be confused with I ended up smoking. Although I did buy my first ever pack of cigarettes. And got IDed).
Then I started to question how smoking (therefore cigarettes) could be made uglier.
By making the actual cigarette ugly, you would potentially put people off smoking, which is not an ugly thing, it's a positive thing...
So I am thinking that creating an appealing, 'beautiful' cigarette would result in an even uglier design. WOULD IT???
Because I now only have 4 days to rationalise, design and produce this (plus the other brief), we'll say it would.