Friday 6 August 2010

Real-world applications

From the "What's the Time, Mr. Wolf" document, I found people took a certain enjoyment out of being able to guess at the time. There was a certain competitive edge to it amongst participants. I hadn't considered that the findings would be of interest to anyone but myself. However, all participants requested confirmation of their own accuracy and how it compared to others. Some wanted a second shot at it.
It began to uncover itself as a potential learning tool. It could be a way of gauging your own personal accuracy at guessing the time against the real time. If I could design a way to structure a built in accuracy indicator, the user could learn their own patterns and improve.
Could this remove the need for a standard clock?

I wanted to consider how this could work as a real world application. I decided it would need to expand from 2D into a working object.