Thursday 11 February 2010

Now That's What I Call Cooking (Vol. 1)

I have begun looking into the idea of using other methods or objects as time keeping devices.
The most successful and certainly most interesting has been the concept and model for a CD that you can cook along to. It includes a CD of 6 (loosely) food related tracks and a recipe that involves using specific points within the soundtrack as a gauge of timings.
FOR EXAMPLE, one step reads; "Start slicing the red onion as the first chorus of Fat Children opens..."
This was to examine whether I would be comfortable using an unofficial method of timing whilst undergoing a task where timings are quite important. I was not.
I definitely intend to develop this object further, maybe give it to a couple of friends/colleagues to try out. Here are a couple of images from my... experience. (They are a bit blurry because as soon as the CD started I became flustered and manic).